AES is taking interest applications for the following positions. Please fill out the application if interested.
*All applications are kept on file one year and are kept confidential.
PRODUCTION OPERATOR - ENTRY LEVEL
Candidates must be able to perform the following responsibilities:
- Process parts in accordance with Work Instructions & operating standards
- Ability to work any shift
- Use of hand and air tools
- Use of basic inspection equipment
- Strict adherence to safety directives
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop kneel, crouch for 8+ hours*
- Able to reach overhead, climb stairs and ladders occasionally*
- Physically able to perform all required tasks*
- Willing to work overtime as necessary
- Pre-employment & random drug-screens
- Post-offer physical
- Criminal background investigation
- Smoke free facility
*working conditions include some temperature changes with occasional outdoor exposure to weather conditions*
AES offers a comprehensive compensation and benefit package for full-time employees including:
- Beginning Wage is $15.00/hour; competitive skill level increases
- 401K Medical Voluntary and Employer paid Life Insurance Dental Vision Disability
- Shift Premiums
Part-time employee program includes beginning wage of $15.00hr · 401K ∙ Teladoc ∙ Flexible schedule
Download Job Description Here:
The ideal candidate uses knowledge and experience to oversee programs and projects directly with minimal supervision. Participates in lab work, working with equipment to synthesize, and scale up various energetic compounds. Participates in quoting, product design and development, process development and improvement, and equipment purchase and implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Formulation– Create, follow, and scale up chemical formulations processes for novel energetic material. Assist in trouble shooting product characteristics results in material.
- Synthesis– Work on various projects by following known synthesis mechanism to create material. Ability to trouble shoot issues that arise in process. Identify processes and equipment needed to scale up.
- Working experience with a HPLC, PSA, DSC, wet chemistry equipment and other lab equipment to characterize material.
- Quoting- Assists in APQP process of determining a bid/no-bid and by providing information on labor, material, and equipment needed for formal request for quotes.
- Process development, improvement and implementation- Evaluate processes & equipment in the plant and implement improvements based on operator input, new/improved equipment, design changes, etc. with the goals of safety, quality, and cost.
- Program/Project Management- Manage customer programs to ensure all customer requirements are met. This may be in conjunction with any other aspect of the job. Manage internal projects to ensure all project goals are met.
- General Engineering- Provide product designs and perform or assist in failure analysis, perform or assist in hazards analysis, provide any additional engineering support to the operations group as necessary.
- Ability to work safely is a must
- Leadership is essential
- Must have a can-do relentless personality for problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to problem solve using various techniques (5 Why, Fishbone, Etc.)
- Ability to work in manufacturing setting, with motions requiring to lift 60 lbs.
Skills & Knowledge:
Microsoft Office, Program/Project Management
Skilled in Chemistry foundations, along with manufacturing and chemical processes.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
5+ Years work experience, Energetics experience a preferred
Quality Manager is a job that is spent leading our quality management system, supervising the chemical laboratory, as well as the surveying items produced in the manufacturing process. Leads with a hands on mentality for assurance on total system quality. Develops, implements, and coordinates product assurance programs to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Believes in a proactive approach rather than reactive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implementing methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment and items
- Ensuring that products adhere to quality standards and print requirements
- Preparing reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data
- Working according to deadlines for the delivery of products
- Training and managing production line staff in production practices and quality assessment of goods
- Leading a Corrective Action / Preventive Action system, that includes finding the route cause and verifying any corrective actions.
- Performing detailed and recorded inspections of final products so the products are up to industry and company standards
- Eliminating products that are not up to standards and finding the reasons for product problems
Directly supervises employees in the Chemical Laboratory. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ensure all testing requirements are performed properly and in a timely fashion.
Oversee Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) lab responsibilities. Including, but not limited to:
Part Measurement, X-Radiography, Rockwell Hardness testing, and Dye Penetrant testing.
Oversee metrology lab and responsibilities. Including calibration and maintenance of all gages and inspection equipment.
Ensure lab area and individual work stations are kept completely organized and clean.
Training on all work instructions, policies, procedures, etc. for Quality department and company-wide required training.
Prioritize the testing and operation of the Quality Lab to insure orders are shipped on time.
Analyzes, evaluates, and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, manufacturing problems, and design and development of new products for consideration by other members of management team.
Review projects in bid process to determine relevant costs, man-hours and equipment needs to support quality requirements.
Write/revise work instructions, test instructions, and departmental procedures.
Develops initial and subsequent modifications of product assurance program to delineate areas of responsibility, personnel requirements, and operational procedures within program.
Visits and confers with representatives of material and component vendors to obtain information related to supply quality, capacity of vendor to meet orders, and vendor quality standards.
Management of a Quality System to meet ISO-9000 requirements.
Maintain quality information/data for all products and customers as required.
Work closely with government representatives for contracts requiring government involvement/oversight.
Review all quality requirements included on purchase orders, contracts, etc., and ensure they are met.
Ensure incoming material is inspected (received) in a timely manner and handled accordingly.
Certification of products.
Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products on market to rectify problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Experienced in the ability to read/understand documents.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors’ degree (B.S.) from a four year college or university; or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2-3 years minimal quality supervisory management experience.
General chemical lab practices, techniques, and procedures, and industrial NDT methods (e.g. X-Radiography) training/certifications preferred. Strong math and computer skills required. Knowledge of ISO quality management systems and requirements. General knowledge of lean manufacturing, program/project management, etc. preferred. Good organizational skills and time management practices are necessary. Ability to manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously in a fast-paced environment required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.